International Society for Stem Cell Application Provisions
Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1 (Name)
The association is named the International Society for Stem Cell Application, ISSCA.
Article 2 (Location)
The headquarters of the association is located in the Republic of Korea, and branch office is located in many countries.
Article 3 (Purpose)
The association aims to expand the research and applied technology of stem cell applications.
Article 4 (Project)
The association shall carry out the following projects to achieve the purpose stated in the preceding article.
- 1. Matters related to the development of stem cell application technology
- 2. Holding clinical presentation and treatment seminars
- 3. Projects for promoting and developing stem cell application technology
- 4. Publication of academic journals and other publications
- 5. Cooperation and partnership with domestic and international organizations
- 6. Fellowship of members and international technical exchange
- 7. Other projects needed to achieve the purpose of this association
Chapter 2: Membership
Article 5 (Membership)
Members of the association shall consist of the following.
- 1. General member : A person with Ph.D degree or a doctor\’s license who agrees with the purpose of the association and who is engaged in a stem cell research or application field and who was recommended by a regular member and has passed the prescribed admissions review procedure and pays the annual dues faithfully
- 2. Special member : Individuals, corporations, entrepreneurs who are recommended by a board of directors as they agree with the purpose of the association and are recognized as capable of contributing to the development of the association
Article 6 (Membership Obligations)
- 1. Members shall comply with the bylaws and related regulations.
- 2. Members shall pay to the association the dues and other charges specified by the association. Any regular member who fails to pay dues for more than three consecutive years without a justifiable reason may have their membership suspended by the board of directors
- 3. Members shall participate actively in various events of the association and maintain dignity as members of the association.
Article 7 (Rights of Members)
A regular member who fulfills the obligations of Article 6 shall have the right to vote, the right to be elected, and the initiative and the right to vote in various rallies.
Chapter 3: Board members
Article 8 (Board members and role)
There will be one chairperson, one vice chairperson, a few managing directors, stem cell specialists, research specialists, and one general affair director.
- 1. The chairperson shall represent the association and shall be the president of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors, and shall handle the duties of the association.
- 2. The vice chairperson shall assist the chairperson and shall serve as the chairperson when there is a vacancy in that position.
- 3. Managing directors will be appointed by chairperson and shall be responsible for organizing ISSCA conference and member of board meeting.
- 4. Clinical specialists as the specialized stem cell doctor of each disease shall be responsible for delivering speech regarding of clinical cases.
- 5. Research and development specialists as the specialized researcher or developer in the field of stem cell shall supervise general academic events, domestic and international training courses, and publish journals and other publications.
- 6. The general affairs director as the head of the general affairs shall be responsible for the overall operation and management of the association and assists the chairperson and international public relations regarding the activities of the association and technical exchange tasks.
- 7. Directors in each country shall play a role as representatives of the association in their respective countries.
Article 9 (Election of board members)
- 1. The chairperson and the vice chairperson (next in line) shall be elected by the board of directors and shall be approved by the general assembly.
- 2. Directors shall be recommended by the chairperson and obtain the consent of the board of directors.
- 3. Clinical and research specialists shall be recommended by managing directors and obtain the consent of the board of directors.
Article 10 (Term of board members)
- 1. The term of office of the chairperson and the vice chairperson shall be two years and cannot be reappointed.
- 2. The term of managing directors shall be two years, but may be renewed only once.
- 3. The term of the clinical specialist, research and developer specialist shall be two years, but may be renewed only once.
- 4. The term of general director shall be two years and may be renewed only once.
Article 11 (Alternate board members)
- 1. In the event of the chairperson’s vacancy, the vice chairperson (next in line) commences the remaining term of office and commences the term of the next chairperson.
- 2. In the event of the vice chairperson (next in line)’s vacancy, an election to fill up the vacancy is in accordance with Article 9, he/she shall serve the remaining term of office and start his/her term as the next vice chairperson.
- 3. In the event of the directors, clinical specialists, research specialists, an election to fill up the vacancy is in accordance with Article 9, he/she shall serve the remaining term of office.
Article 12 (Honorary chairperson)
There may be a few honorary chairpersons in the association. The honorary chairperson shall be appointed by the general assembly on the recommendation of the steering committee among those who have served as the chairperson of the association and who are outstanding in the contributions.
Chapter 4: Meetings
Article 13 (Meeting)
The meetings of the association shall be divided into regular general meetings, unscheduled general meetings and board member meetings.
Article 14 (General Meeting)
The general meetings shall be composed of regular members and divided into regular general meetings and unscheduled general meetings. The regular general meeting is once a year and the unscheduled general meetings are convened by the chairperson or by vote of the board members.
- 1. Approval of the chairperson and auditor
- 2. Approval of amendments · revision to the bylaws
- 3. Budget and settlement reporting
- 4. Business plan report
- 5. Report of other business
Article 15 (Convocation and operation of general meeting)
- 1. The general meeting shall be composed of regular members and is held once a year at regular academic conferences and convened by the chairperson. However, when there is a demand for a meeting from more than 1/3 of regular members or the board of directors, the chairperson shall convene an unscheduled general meeting.
- 2. The general meeting shall be with participating regular members and shall be decided by a majority vote. However, matters regarding an amendment of the bylaws shall be decided by a vote of 2/3 or more seated regular members.
Article 16 (Board of directors)
The board of directors shall be composed of the chairperson, vice-chairperson, and directors, and the chairperson shall be the speaker. The board of directors shall deliberate on the following matters
- 1. Membership qualifications
- 2. Budget settlement plan
- 3. Project proposal
- 4. Electing board members
- 5. Other important matters
Chapter 5: Accounting
Article 21 (Fiscal year)
The fiscal year of the association shall be from January 1 to December 31.
Article 22 (Property management and financial reporting)
- 1. The property of the association is managed and operated under the responsibility of the chairperson.
- 2. Revenue, expenditure and settlement of accounts for each year shall be reported to the general assembly after review by the board of directors and auditors before the regular general meeting.
Chapter 6: Reward and discipline regulations
Article 23 (Award)
- 1. Academic award: Shall be decided by the board of directors after review from the academic committee for members who have achieved outstanding academic achievement.
- 2. Achievement award: Shall be decided by the board of directors after review from the general director for those who are recognized to have contributed greatly to the development of the association or who have enhanced the status of the association.
Article 24 (Discipline)
- 1. In case of disciplinary reasons, the general director shall verify the details and the board of directors shall decide disciplinary action.
- 2. Those who are sent to a disciplinary hearing should be given a sufficient opportunity for explanation.
- 3. Discipline is divided into expulsion, limitation of activities of the association,compensation.
- 4. The following items are subject to disciplinary review.
- A. If you defamed the honor of the association
- B. If you violated ethics as a member
- C. If you distorted expertise
- D. If you interfered with the harmony between members
- E. If you failed to perform your duty as a member
- F. If you caused damage to property
- G. Any person who has interfered with the development of the society, requested by the general affairs committee.
Chapter Additional regulations
1. Details not specified in this provision shall be in conformity with common practice.
2. This provision shall be effective starting on January 1 st 2019.